Customer surveys that drive your business forward
We offer workshops, consulting, software and on request the complete implementation of your survey.
Customer surveys with meaningful results
With a customer survey you can find out what your customers really want. Correctly implemented, your customer survey delivers practical evaluations. You know exactly which measures you have to implement to inspire your customers. Used correctly, customer surveys help to significantly increase sales and customer satisfaction in the medium term.
In order to carry out an effective survey, not only the choice of questions is relevant, but also who and when is to be surveyed. On the way there are still many tricky detailed questions that have to be answered. Often exactly these details cost a lot of time. We would be happy to support you on your way to a simple customer survey with meaningful results that will help your company to move forward.
A good customer survey meets two criteria:
- The interviewees can answer easily and quickly.
- The survey delivers meaningful results that can be used to implement quick, simple improvements and make strategic decisions.
You have a question? Simply contact us – we look forward to hearing from you! We offer you an approx. 30-minute conversation in which we discuss your plans and give free tips and tricks for their implementation.
Which customer survey channels can I use?
You can conduct your customer survey online, by SMS, on paper or in a personal conversation. The online survey with an invitation by email is the most widely used method by our customers. We clearly recommend it. We have put together some advantages and disadvantages for you:
|Online, by email invitation||You can positively influence the response rate through the formulations in the email invitation. In the B2B area, existing segment data is often evaluated, e.g. the customer’s region, position, products purchased, etc. This enables you to find out whether certain customer groups are more satisfied than others and to research the causes in a targeted manner. (Please note: before data processing, it is essential to obtain the consent of the customer according to GDPR!)||Email addresses may be obsolete. The wrong contact persons will be selected.|
|Online, by website-pop-ups||Good for a mood picture of the company: In addition to existing customers, you also interview people who are not yet customers.||Representativeness: no control over the selection of respondents|
|by SMS||Quick and easy. Communication with respondents is possible within certain limits via preset chatbots. If the respondents have given their consent for data processing, a personalized evaluation is also possible here.||Mobile phone numbers are not always available. Can easily be perceived as harassment, despite DSGVO-compliant declaration of consent.|
|Personal conversation||Cost-effective only with a small number of customers.||More expensive and complex, with a high probability of influencing the result by the interviewer. Evaluation more difficult, since the results must first be transferred or transcribed and evaluated with software.|
Questionnaire design: Extensive questionnaires or rather concentrate on a few questions?
Customers have little time – for a good response rate it is important that you keep the questionnaire short. The following applies here: the more loyal your customers are to your company, the more likely they are to answer longer questionnaires. At the same time, it is a sign of respect if you ask your customers only a few carefully selected questions. Practice-relevant results for short questionnaires are obtained using specially developed techniques. These already include a set of questions and instructions for the evaluations. They can be used by anyone. These include:
- CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Score)
- Customer Effort Score,
- Net Promoter Score NPS
- Customer Loyalty Index
Which questions have to be clarified before starting the customer survey?
- Invitation management: when do you send out your invitations and in what form? During holidays, on Monday and Friday, response rates are often low.
- Questionnaire design: Design the questionnaire e.g. in your company colours or your corporate identity so that the respondents immediately know who is asking. Select a suitable sender: In the B2B area, a manager or a division manager as the sender creates commitment.
- Customer selection/who is surveyed: It is important that you cover a large part of your turnover with the surveyed customers. Also pay attention during the evaluation: Are the results representative? Have you covered the most profitable or largest customers?
- Segmentation of your customers: If you want to compare your data for different segments, you must create customer segments in the survey tool right from the start. Then you can, for example, determine and compare an NPS value per store or the satisfaction in each federal state.
- Adopt best practices: Are there any industry standards or particularly successful companies that work with your survey methodology? Online research often provides you with blog articles, studies and presentations published online that present particularly successful examples. Use them in your company and benefit from the existing knowledge.
- Evaluate your customer survey: Which diagrams and results are important? What are the management’s requirements? Should specific KPIs be collected? Play through the evaluation and the reports with test data to the end. The devil is often in the details.
- Follow-up of your survey: To whom will you make the survey results available? In what depth? Allow time for this. Create the corresponding reports in the survey tool so that you have them at hand quickly after the survey. If you carry out a non-anonymous survey, you can go back to customers who have reported problems directly after the survey: What was the reason? Can you offer and implement a solution? Your customers will be enthusiastic about this feedback.
- Internal and external communication: Inform other departments of the company such as customer service or sales. Embarrassing when the customer responds to the survey and they know nothing about it. Communicate the benefits of your survey and that the feedback will make your business more successful. This makes it valuable for everyone in the company.
- After the first survey: Continue! Very important: Repeat your survey at regular intervals. Only in this way can you compare values from the previous year and determine whether you have improved from the point of view of your customers.
We are happy to support you in all these steps – just contact us for more information!
Anonymous or non-anonymous customer survey
Who does not know this: You fill out a well-designed questionnaire, are almost finished and at the end the demographic questions about your age, gender, state, etc. follow. Integrate these questions and you can evaluate your survey according to different segments: Which customer groups do my products particularly appeal to? Where is it worth investing in additional advertising?
This additional data provides added value, e.g. in a survey via a website link where no information about the respondent is known. If you are questioning your own customers, however, it is often superfluous to query this data: you already have this data, e.g. in your CRM system (you must obtain the customer’s consent before processing the data). Then a personalized survey makes sense.
Many companies shy away from personalizing their customer surveys. The reasons are manifold: These include data protection concerns, technical hurdles or a lack of added value from the point of view of the project team. How do you overcome these hurdles?
- Data protection and DSGVO: Communicate clearly the added value of your survey. Point out that the survey helps you to solve individual problems of the customer and to improve the performance exactly according to the customer’s wishes.
- Technical hurdles: Many systems now make it possible to send personalised surveys. One of them is the NICE Satmetrix system.
- Added value: You receive detailed results on your customer relationship and can react to customer feedback with solutions. Your customers feel that they are being taken seriously, and their loyalty to the company increases. If your customers notice that their feedback causes changes, this also increases your response rate.
What are the advantages of customer surveys?
Correctly implemented, customer surveys support companies in
- making the right decisions
- actively managing the customer relationship
- proactively approaching customers
- Directly detecting problems
- uncovering blind spots that are very important to customers but that the company has not been aware of so far
- increasing sales
- having a basis for strategic decisions
Price & further information
The price depends on the size of your survey, how much you do yourself and how much we take over. Our services range from short online workshops to survey projects lasting several months.
Simply contact our survey experts for a free interview. We will be happy to make you an individual offer.
Terms related to customer surveys
Customer loyalty means that a customer appreciates the performance of a company so much that he will stay even if a competitor makes a cheaper or supposedly better offer. Customers who buy regularly are not yet loyal customers: Maybe they are bound by market barriers like the lack of a better offer.
Increase customer satisfaction
There are many starting points for this in every company, but the resources for implementation are usually limited. Successful companies use systematic, efficient methods to increase customer satisfaction. Building on this, you prioritize: What is currently driving customer satisfaction? Where do I invest my available budget to increase my customer satisfaction by the defined X percent?
Key figure to measure customer loyalty. Developed in 2003 by Fred reichheld, Bain & Company and the software provider Satmetrix.
Net Promoter System
Methodology for systematically increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty. Based on the key figure Net Promoter Score NPS. This has been extended as an easily implementable, continuous program to proactively manage customer relationships.
We are already conducting a customer survey. Why should I work with paulusresult?
We help you get the most out of your data: Together we analyse your methodology, your questionnaire and your results reports. We define a goal (e.g. 360° view of the customer, more meaningful results, organic company growth, prognosis of customer churn, stronger customer loyalty) and develop a plan with you on how to achieve this goal.
We already have many existing systems, making it difficult to set up a survey that is compatible with our IT systems.
Our customers often work with different IT systems, from small to large. We advise you strategically and conceptually and find a solution that makes sense in your company and fits the existing processes and systems. We benefit from our expertise in cost optimization: We check carefully whether, for example, an automatic interface is worthwhile for you or whether, for example, a manual solution is more cost-effective for you at the beginning. We also have Excel calculators with which you can calculate the effort for project steps such as the closed loop.
We would like to improve our survey, but in our organisation it is very important that the customer surveys are comparable to those of previous years. That’s why no one has yet dared to approach this project. Do you have a solution?
Yes, there are different approaches to solving this problem. For example, we start with a pilot project and then transfer the results to the organisation in order to inspire the individual departments with the new survey. In addition, we use instruments such as ROI calculations and link the survey results with the financial data. For example, we calculate how much more turnover your company can generate on average if critical customers are converted into enthusiastic customers, or how this affects the return rate. This shows the board and the management! Alternatively, there are other instruments such as the closed loop. The sales department of one of our customers made more sales during the application, so that they are now fans of the new survey methodology, although they were initially very sceptical.
This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)